Wing Head: Joint Secretary (Admn, IC & GW)
All matters pertaining to:-
a) Administration – All Establishment matters/Personnel matters related to officers and staff posted in Deptt. Sectt.
b) General Administration – All matters related to procurement of consumables items & office equipments and their maintenance, etc.
All administrative and establishment matters pertaining to:-
a) Establishment I - Central Water Commission (CWC)
b) Establishment II - Central Soils & Materials Research Station (CSMRS), Central Water & Power Research Station (CWPRS), National Institute of Hydrology (NIH) and North Eastern Regional Institute of Water & Land Management (NERIWALM)
c) Establishment III – Farakka Barrage Project (FBP), Ganga Flood Control Commission (GFCC), Upper Yamuna River Board (UYRB) and Brahmaputra Board (BB).
d) Establishment IV – National Water Development Agency (NWDA), Sardar Sarovar Construction Advisory Committee (SSCAC), Bansagar Control Board (BCB), Narmada Control Authority (NCA), Betwa River Board (BRB) and Tungabhadra Board (TB).
e) Ground Water Establishment - Central Ground Water Board (CGWB).
f) National River Conservation Directorate (NRCD) - Administrative matters related to NRCD.
3. PSUs – All matters pertaining to NPCC Ltd. and WAPCOS Ltd.
4. Parliamentary Matters – Coordination of Parliamentary matters relating to the Ministry.
5. Externally Aided Projects and International Cooperation – Policy Matters relating to projects/programmes with the assistance of WB, ADB, JICA, DIFD, UNESCO etc.Matters related to cooperation with foreign countries in respect of water issues, multilateral/bilateral agreements/cooperation including signing of MOUs, Foreign Deputation and Training.
6. Ground Water Desk – All technical and developmental matters related to CGWB including Budget, bilateral, Ground Water resources assessment, NAQUIM and artificial recharge, etc.
7. National Hydrological Project (NHP) – Project Coordination of National Hydrology Project & issues relating to International Hydrological Programme through NIH and representing the Ministry at World Water Forum, UNESCO etc.
8. Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY) – Project Coordination & monitoring/implementation of ABHY for facilitating sustainable ground water management in identified water stressed areas in seven States of the country.
9. Central Ground Water Authority (CGWA) – All matters pertaining to CGWA.
Chief Vigilance Officer(CVO)/Vigilance –
10. All matters relating to cases attracting vigilance angle and interpretation of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964/ CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965.