Wing Head: Joint Secretary (Admn)
All matters pertaining to:-
b) General Administration
All administrative and establishment matters pertaining to:-
a) Establishment I - Central Water Commission (CWC)
b) Establishment II - Central Soils & Materials Research Station (CSMRS), Central Water & Power Research Station (CWPRS), National Institute of Hydrology (NIH) and North Eastern Regional Institute of Water & Land Management (NERIWALM)
c) Establishment III – Farakka Barrage Project (FBP), Ganga Flood Control Commission (GFCC), Upper Yamuna River Board (UYRB) and Brahmaputra Board (BB).
d) Establishment IV – National Water Development Agency (NWDA), Sardar Sarovar Construction Advisory Committee (SSCAC), Bansagar Control Board (BCB), Narmada Control Authority (NCA), Betwa River Board (BRB) and Tungabhadra Board (TB).
e) Ground Water Establishment - Central Ground Water Board (CGWB).
3. Coordination Matters of the Ministry.
4. PSUs – All matters pertaining to NPCC Ltd. and WAPCOS Ltd.
5. ID - Infrastructure Development Scheme of the Ministry.
6. CVO/Vigilance – All the matters relating to cases attracting vigilance angle and interpretation of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964/ CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965.
7. Parliamentary Matters – Coordination of Parliamentary matters relating to the Ministry.
8. e-Governance – IT functions and implementation of e-Office in the Ministry/Coordination with Attached Offices/Subordinate Organizations in e-governance.
9. IEC – Issues relating to carrying out mass awareness activities/ programmes on water conservation under the Information, Education & Communication Component of HRD/ CB Scheme.
10. Additional charge of Mission Director (National Water Mission).
a) Setting up of National Bureau of Water Use Efficiency:
b) Preparation of State Specific Action Plans and Implementation thereof
c) Incentivization of sectors like industries, farmers, local bodies, water users’ associations etc. for water conservation.
d) Coordinating for taking up Baseline Study, Bench marking and Demonstration Projects for Water Use Efficiency.
e) Matters related to National Action Plan on Climate Change and National Water Mission