Wing Head: Joint Secretary (Admn, IC & GW)
All matters pertaining to:-
b) General Administration
All administrative and establishment matters pertaining to:-
a) Establishment I - Central Water Commission (CWC)
b) Establishment II - Central Soils & Materials Research Station (CSMRS), Central Water & Power Research Station (CWPRS), National Institute of Hydrology (NIH) and North Eastern Regional Institute of Water & Land Management (NERIWALM)
c) Establishment III – Farakka Barrage Project (FBP), Ganga Flood Control Commission (GFCC), Upper Yamuna River Board (UYRB) and Brahmaputra Board (BB).
d) Establishment IV – National Water Development Agency (NWDA), Sardar Sarovar Construction Advisory Committee (SSCAC), Bansagar Control Board (BCB), Narmada Control Authority (NCA), Betwa River Board (BRB) and Tungabhadra Board (TB).
e) Ground Water Establishment - Central Ground Water Board (CGWB).
3. PSUs – All matters pertaining to NPCC Ltd. and WAPCOS Ltd.
4. Parliamentary Matters – Coordination of Parliamentary matters relating to the Ministry.
5. Externally Aided Projects and International Cooperation– Policy Matters relating to projects/programmes with the assistance of WB, ADB, JICA, DIFD, UNESCO etc.Matters related to cooperation with foreign countries in respect of water issues, multilateral/bilateral agreements/cooperation including signing of MOUs, Foreign Deputation and Training.
6. Ground Water Desk – All establishment and development matters related to CGWB including Budget, bilateral, technical development & projects and Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY).
7. Hydrological Projects (NHP) – Issues relating to International Hydrological Programme through NIH and representing the Ministry at World Water Forum, UNESCO etc.
8. National River Conservation Directorate (NRCD) - Administrative matters related to NRCD.
9. CVO/Vigilance - All the matters relating to cases attracting vigilance angle and interpretation of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964/ CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965.
10. Organisation & Method (O&M) :- Matters relating to O&M activities and Office procedure; the subject of Records Management, the Departmental Records Room.