Head of the wing : Economic Adviser & In-charge( Rajbhasha)
Head of the Division : Director (OL) (Vacant)
Activities of Rajbhasha Wing
Following activities are being undertaken by the Rajbhasha Wing of the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation for the propagation of the Official Language in the Ministry and its Subordinate organizations :
- To ensure the implementation of instructions/directions on the policy related suggestions and constitutional provisions on Official Language, Official Languages Act, Official Language Rules etc., in the Ministry and its subordinate organizations as received from the Department of Official Language, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- To ensure the implementation of Presidential orders on the Reports of Committee of Parliament on Official Language as received from the Department of Official Language and issue instructions to all sections and officers in the Ministry and Subordinate offices.
- Translation of Parliament Questions and answers, Cabinet notes, Standing Committee materials, Annual Report, Statutory reports, Orders, Letters etc.
- To ensure the use of Hindi on computers.
- To ensure constitution of Hindi Salahkar Samiti in the Ministry and its regular meetings.
- To ensure constitution of Official Language Implementation Committee in the Ministry as well as in the subordinate organizations and their regular meetings.
- To organize Hindi workshops.
- To administer incentive schemes to encourage work in Hindi.
- To ensure Implementation of Annual Targets for working in Official Language Hindi as per the Annual Programme received from the Department of Official Language and prepare Annual Assessment Report based on actual achievements vis-a-vis targets fixed.
- To collect information regarding implementation of Official Language Policy from various Sections of the Ministry and subordinate organizations through Quarterly Progress Reports and inspections of subordinate offices and sections in the ministry.
- To ensure the timely disposal of applications received under RTI Act in respect of Implementation of Official Language Policy in the Ministry.