Wing Head: Joint Secretary (RD & PP)
- Policy matters related to water resources development and management.
- General issues related to water availability, water conservation, efficiency of water use, application of latest techniques and technologies for efficient water management.
- Coordination of the Meetings of National Water Resources Council, National Water Board, National Forum of Water Resources and Irrigation Ministers of States, Conference of Irrigation/ Water Resources Ministers.
- Coordination with various Ministries in respect of general issues related to water resources, particularly with Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Environment, Forests & CC, Ministry of Rural Development (Department of Land Resources), Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Urban Development, Ministry of Power, etc.
- Coordination with International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage, UN organizations such as UNESCO, UN Environment, FAP etc.
- Formulation Annual Plans (BE/RE), Five Year Plans, Mid-Term Appraisal Reports and Result Framework Document.
- Monitoring of progress of various Schemes/Projects implemented by the Ministry, matters related to Finance Commission and NITI Ayog.
- R&D – Matters relating to research and development programme in water sector and Coordination for the Central Sector Plan scheme “Research and Development”
- Basin Management:
- Administration and amendment of Inter State River Water Dispute (ISRWD) Act, 1956.
- Administration and amendment of River Boards Act, 1956.
- a. Matters relating to River Basin Organization.
- Dam Safety Bill (Legislative matters only).
- Setting up of water disputes tribunals and reference of disputes to tribunals under Inter –State River Water Disputes (ISRWD) Act, 1956 along with administrative and legal matters connected therewith.
- Ravi-Beas Water Tribunal(RBWT), 1986
- Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal (CWDT), 1990
- Krishna Water Dispute Tribunal (KWDT), 2004
- Vanshdhara Water Dispute Tribunal (VWDT), 2010
- Mahadeyi Water Dispute Tribunal (MWDT), 2010
- Administration of UP, Bihar, MP Re-organization Acts, 2000.
- Work related to formation of Ganga Management Board (GMB).
- Schemes under XIIth plan
- Coordination of River Basin Management (RBM) Plan Scheme.
- Inter linking of Rivers (ILR)
- PSUs -Deals with all matters of Board level posts i.e. appointment; extension; creation, etc. of two CPSEs namely:-
- National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC) and
- WAPCOS Limited
- Evaluation of MoU of the two CPSEs on the basis of actual achievements vis-à-vis MoU targets for submission to DPE.
- Laying of signed MoUs and Annual Report of the two CPSEs on the Table of both the Houses of Parliament.
- All Parliament Questions, VIP references, RTI matters, grievances/complaints pertaining to the two CPSEs.
- Pay revision of executives and non-unionized workmen of the two CPSEs.
- Circulation and follow up of various guidelines issued by DPE/DoPT/PESB to both the PSUs.
- Court Cases in respect of these CPSEs, in which this Ministry has been made one of the Respondents.
- Half Yearly performance review of the two CPSEs taken by Secretary (WR, RD & GR).
Any other administrative/policy matters received from the two CPSEs from time to time.
- All issues related to PPP, SPVs for any project.
- To represent MOWR on the Board of NPCC Ltd.
- Ganga Rejuvenation – Policy matters related to Ganga Rejuvenation with special focus on AIBP, Micro irrigation, arsenic mitigation and innovative schemes.
- CVO – All the matters relating to cases attracting vigilance angle and interpretation of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964/ CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965.
- Parliamentary Matters – Coordination of Parliamentary matters relating to the Ministry
WORK ALLOCATED TO ESTABLISHMENT-IV SECTION
The following works have been allocated to Estt. IV Section :-
a. Establishment matters of:-
- Narmada Control Authority (NCA); http://nca.gov.in/index_.htm
- Sardar Sarovar Construction Advisory Committee (SSCAC); http://www.sscac.gov.in/
- National Water Development Agency (NWDA); http://nwda.gov.in/
- Betwa River Board (BRB); http://brb.nic.in/
- Bansagar Control Board (BCB); http://bcb.nic.in/
- Tungabhadra Board (TB) http://www.tbboard.in/
Establishment-IV Section functions as Subject Matter Division (SMD) for the above organizations to facilitate smooth functioning in accordance with the Govt. of India Rules & Guidelines. Co-ordinates with the above organizations for various reports, examination of cases, monitoring and implementation of Govt. of India rules and guidelines, issued from time to time.
b. Additional Work related to Committee on Restructuring of Central Water Commission and Central Ground Water Board has also been entrusted, Monitoring/Coordination of court cases in respect of all organizations under the Ministry, Pollavaram Project Authority (PPA), etc to Estt.-IV Section.