Wing Head: Joint Secretary (RD &PP)
- a) Policy matters related to water resources development and management.
- b) General issues related to water availability, water conservation, efficiency of water use, application of latest techniques and technologies for efficient water management.
- c) Coordination of the Meetings of National Water Resources Council, National Water Board, National Forum of Water Resources and Irrigation Ministers of States, Conference of Irrigation/ Water Resources Ministers.
- d) Coordination with various Ministries in respect of general issues related to water resources, particularly with Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Environment, Forests & CC, Ministry of Rural Development (Department of Land Resources), Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Urban Development, Ministry of Power, etc.
- e) Coordination with International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage, UN organisations such as UNESCO, UN Environment, FAP etc.
- a) Formulation Annual Plans (BE/RE), Five Year Plans, Mid-Term Appraisal Reports and Result Framework Document.
- b) Monitoring of progress of various Schemes/Projects implemented by the Ministry, matters related to Finance Commission and NITIAyog.
- c) R&D – Matters relating to research and development programme in water sector and Coordination for the Central Sector Plan scheme “Research and Development”
- Basin Management:
- a) Administration and amendment of Inter State River Water Dispute (ISRWD) Act, 1956 and River Boards Act, 1956.
- b) Matters relating to River Basin Organization, Setting up of water disputes tribunals and reference of disputes under ISWD Act, 1956 as well as administrative and legal matters connected therewith the various Water Dispute Tribunals.
- c) Establishment matters pertaining to Bansagar Control Board (BCB), Betwa River Board (BRB), Tungabhadra Board (TB), National Water Development Agency (NWDA), Narmada Control Authority (NCA),SardarSarovar Construction Advisory Committee (SSCAC) and Polavaram Project Authority (PPA).
- PSUs– All matters pertaining to NPCC Ltd. and WAPCOS Ltd.
- 5. All issues related to PPP, SPVs for any project.
- To represent MOWR on the Board of WAPCOS Ltd.
- Ganga Rejuvenation– Policy matters related to Ganga Rejuvenation with special focus on AIBP, Micro irrigation, arsenic mitigation and innovative schemes.
- CVO– All the matters relating to cases attracting vigilance angle and interpretation of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964/ CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965.
- Peninsular River Wing
(a) All work/issues related to the rivers Godavari, Krishna, Cauvery, Mahi, Sabarmati, Narmada, Tapi, West side flowing rivers from Tapi to Tadri and Tadri to Kanyakumari; Cauvery Award issues.
(b) All work/issues related to rivers Subarnarekha, Brahmani-Baitarani, Mahanadi, Pennar and rivers of A&N island & Pondicherry, east side flowing rivers between Mahanadi &Pennar and between Pennar and Kanyakumari, Kutch &Saurashtra including Luni. Islands of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu; Rivers draining desert in Rajasthan. All works related to International Organizations, draught and Dam Rehabilitation Improvement Project (DRIP).
(c) Administrative and financial matters of Pen. Riv Wing including KRMB and GRMB.
- Additional charge of Mission Director (National Water Mission).
(i) Setting up of National Bureau of Water Use Efficiency:
(ii) Preparation of State Specific Action Plans and Implementation thereof
(iii) Incentivization of sectors like industries, farmers, local bodies, water users’ associations etc. for water conservation.
(iv) Coordinating for taking up Baseline Study, Benchmarking and Demonstration Projects for Water Use Efficiency.
(v) Matters related to National Action Plan on Climate Change and National Water Mission
- Also holding additional charge of the post of Chairman, Brahmaputra Board and of Director General, National Water Development Agency.
Try to solve the new Formula Cube! It works exactly like a Rubik's Cube but it is only $2, from China. Learn to solve it with the tutorial on rubiksplace.com or use the solver to calculate the solution in a few steps.