[WING HEAD: COMMISSIONER (CAD & WM)
DIVISIONAL HEADS: SR. JOINT COMMISSIONERS (CAD/WM)/ JOINT COMMISSIONER (SOIL)/DEPUTY SECRETARY (CADWM)
- Release of central assistance to States for implementation of CADWM Programme. Five Year Plans and Annual Plans.
- Monitoring and review of CADWM Projects and evaluation studies.
- Examination of projects for inclusion in the CADWM programme-liaison with Planning Commission, Ministry of Agriculture, ICAR, etc.
- Coordination on on-farm water management projects as and when proposed by ICAR and Ministry of Water Resources.
- Participatory Irrigation Management in CADWM projects and Action Research programme.
- Regional meeting of Secretaries-in-Charge of CADWM Programme in the States.
- Examination and monitoring of CAD component of foreign-aided projects. Also preparation and scrutiny of projects on-
Ø Reclamation of waterlogged areas and saline lands in CADWM commands.
Ø Water management programmes under various cooperation programme as and when received.
- Organising Trainings at national level on CADWM activities.
- Technical aspects of the International Programme for Technological Research in Irrigation and Drainage (IPTRID)
- Coordination in agricultural matters.
- Monitoring of Water Resources Consolidation Project as and when received.
- Matters related to International water Management Institute and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
- Nodal Wing for Promotion, facilitation, guidance and coordination of Participatory Irrigation Management (PIM) in the country.
- Scrutiny and vetting of schemes for Central Government clearance.
- Assisting the State Governments in identifying and preparation of summary and detailed project reports and scrutiny thereof in CADWM projects; Appraisal of sub-project and approval thereof.
- Meetings with World Bank Officials/State Government officials to evolve remedial measures against bottlenecks in Restructured Projects as and when referred.
- Use of modern technologies in water management.
Guidelines for CADWM Release for 2010-11